VOTING TAKES PLACE JUNE 14 – LIST OF PROJECTS FOR VOTE NOW ONLINE HERE
Real money. Real projects. Real decisions – in District 7
Each municipal councillor has a budget of $94,000 from the District Capital Fund for permanent projects in your community that provide widespread community benefit.
Everyone in District 7, including children, are invited to come and help choose projects that will help build a stronger community! We are practicing a different way to make decisions about how to spend public money in our neighbourhood.
Community members, like YOU, will propose projects and/or make recommendations on how to spend this money.
- Do you live in District 7 Halifax South Downtown?
- Need funding for a project to support, enhance, build community here?
- Want to have a say in how this neighbourhood budget is spent?
Does your community:
- Need funding for a project to support, enhance, build community?
- Want to see more public art, bike racks, benches?
- Does your neighbourhood want to improve a park or playground?
Capital projects that provide a public benefit are eligible for funding. In addition to info on this website, you are encouraged to contact my office and speak to Melody Campbell in Councillor Mason’s Office. Melody’s email is email@example.com or you can call her at 902-490-2012 if you have any questions.
What can funded be is capital projects that provide a public benefit. Residents should know in advance that all HRM policies and guidelines must be met. There are a bunch of rules that help define what can and can’t be funded, you can read the HRM District Capital Policy here.