To find out what is eligible and who you might partner with come to the Idea Swap, Monday April 10, 2017, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m at Halifax City Hall.
SUBMIT A PROJECT
- Complete the Fund Request Form (download the request form here.)
- Include a Letter of Request from your not for profit Community Group or organization including a description of the project and the benefit to the community.
- Submit your application to Melody Campbell in Councillor Mason’s Office. Melody’s email is email@example.com or you can call her at 902-490-2012 if you have any questions.
- Our goal is that any project that goes to be voted on is completed and ready to submit to HRM Finance as soon as the vote is complete. All projects must have all paperwork ready, signed and submitted prior to the vote!
- Mail or courier can be sent to Melody Campbell, Council Support Office, PO Box 1749 Halifax, NS B3J 3A5
NEW THIS YEAR:
- There is a limit of $20,000 that any one project can receive.
- We must have evidence that a previous project is complete before an organization can apply for more funds.
- Please provide proof that your organization is registered with the Registry of Joint Stocks as a Society or NFP Coop. (how to do this is in our FAQ)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
Monday May 15, midnight via email, 6pm at City Hall
To be eligible for this program, you must be a not-for-profit community group or organization – or be partnered with one.
You should know in advance that all HRM policies and guidelines must be met. There are a bunch of rules that help define what can and can’t be funded, you can read the HRM District Capital Policy here.
Organizations are eligible to receive funds from only one HRM grant program in any one fiscal year – Eg. Festivals and Events, Trains Capital Grants, or Community Grants.
Be sure to contact staff in advance to ensure your project is eligible and your form is complete.